Re-announcement for all government staff not to return no-interest-loans equivalent to 2-month-salary
1. Elected civilian government provided all government staff (permanent) with no-interest-loans (equivalent to 2-month-salary) in October 2020 to be refunded within 10 months period after 6-months suspension period, as a relief measure against the impacts of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
2. The National Unity Government (NUG) resulted from the general election took place in November, 2020 declared, considering the staff welfare, that all government employees, whether they join the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) or not, are no longer obliged to refund this loan.
3. It is only the elected government who have an official mandate to manage the tax and revenue given by its people.
4. The Terrorist State Administrative Council (SAC) who staged coup, ignoring the will of people, has no right to manage the tax and revenue given by the people.
5. It is reportedly learned that the terrorist SAC is threatening all staff involved in CDM to refund loan and also warned those who did not join CDM to do the same.
6. Therefore, the National Unity Government (NUG) hereby reiterates that there is no necessary to recognize all letter issued by terrorist SAC as NUG already announced that these loans are not to be refunded.
U Tin Tun Naing
Ministry of Planning, Finance and Investment
The National Unity Government